Provided by Dr Andrea Laczik, Head of Research, Edge Foundation, VETNET member, ALaczik@edge.co.uk
Hosted by Education and Employers in partnership with the Edge Foundation, this year’s International Conference on Employer Engagement takes place on 1st and 2nd July and will be running virtually for the first time.
Through keynotes, panel discussions and presentations, the two-day conference will explore themes on employer engagement including preparation for work, pedagogy, and the curriculum. In particular, attention will focus on the need to develop and capture the skill requirements within the changing labour market and how such interventions can support young people as part of the response to Covid-19. There will also be opportunities to network with fellow delegates, just like at an in-person event.
The conference organisers welcome participation from researchers, policy makers and practitioners across all phases of education. The Call for Papers is open until 12PM BST on 30th April for international submissions – submit your paper here.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Professor Philip Brown, Distinguished Research Professor, School of Social Sciences, Cardiff University, UK
- Jennifer Coupland, Chief Executive, Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education, UK
- Prof Hubert Ertl, Vice President and Director of Research at BIBB, Germany
- Prof Ewart Keep, Emeritus Professor of Education, Training and Skills, University of Oxford, Department of Education
- Dr Anthony Mann. Senior Policy Advisor, OECD Education and Skills Directorate
- Terry Tinton Assistant Principal, Westminster Kingsway College, UK
Early bird tickets are currently on sale for £25 – get yours now.