The European Research Network in Vocational Education and Training (VETNET) covers a broad range of research and development activities in vocational education and training (VET). The field of VET-related research covers both initial VET and continuing vocational training, both school-based and workplace-based learning provisions as well as the development of pedagogic expertise for vocational and professional education.
VETNET was founded in 1996 as the second research network of the European Educational Research Association (EERA).
Link Convenors (network chairmen)
- Christof Nägele, University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland, Switzerland
- Barbara E. Stalder, University of Teacher Education Bern, Switzerland.
Convenors (network board members)
- Harm Biemans, Education and Learning Sciences (ELS), Wageningen University & Research, The Netherlands
- Ludger Deitmer, ITB, University of Bremen, Germany
- M’Hamed Dif, University of Strasbourg, France
- Karen Evans, University of London, United Kingdom
- Michael Gessler, ITB, University of Bremen, Germany
- Natasha Kersh, Education Practice and Society, UCL Institute of Education, London, United Kingdom
- Lorenz Lassnigg, Institut für Höhere Studien (IHS), Vienna, Austria
- Marg Malloch, Victoria University Melbourne, Australia
- Lázaro Moreno Herrera, University Stockholm, Sweden
- Petri Nokelainen, School of Education, University of Tampere, Finland
Co-opted board members (network board members)
- Pekka Kämarainen, ITB, University of Bremen, Germany
- Graham Attwell, Pontydysgu SL, Spain
The full list of Convenors and Board activities is here (restricted access)